Report from the Annual General Meeting 2013
Press release from Elanders AB (publ) 2013-05-07
The Annual General Meeting, led by Chairman of the Board Carl Bennet, decided to:
- adopt the annual accounts for 2012
- discharge the members of the Board and the Chief Executive Officer from liability for the financial year 2012
- grant the Board a remuneration of a total of SEK 2,390,000 to be divided among the members for the financial year 2013, including committee work, according to the proposal in the summons to attend
- appoint, according to the proposal in the summons to attend, the following members to the Board until the next Annual General Meeting is held in 2014:
Carl Bennet (re-election)
Erik Gabrielson (re-election)
Göran Johnsson (re-election)
Cecilia Lager (re-election)
Magnus Nilsson (re-election)
Kerstin Paulsson (re-election)
Johan Stern (re-election)
- appoint, according to the proposal in the summons to attend, Carl Bennet as Chairman of the Board
- approve the proposal given in the summons to re-elect the auditor PricewaterhouseCoopers
- the nomination committee until the next Annual General Meeting should be formed and perform the duties proposed in the summons to attend
- approve the proposal for new share issue given by the Board in the summons.
In his speech the CEO Magnus Nilsson reported on the market trends; customers are reducing the number of suppliers they use, the graphic industry is going through a consolidation and that in order to be successful printing plants must be able to offer technically advanced ordering solutions to their customers. The growing trend of centralized purchasing in large international groups has continued and this is reflected in how Elanders is developing its global business. In 2007 this made up 7 percent of Group net sales. In the first quarter of 2013 this figure had grown to 32 percent. Magnus Nilsson also explained how Elanders with its competitive advantages like its global presence and ability to use low cost production to meet the price press on the market can win over the competition.
Elanders’ vision for 2016 regarding the division of net sales in the three product areas Commercial Print, Packaging and e-Commerce remains the same. Currently Commercial Print stands for close to 75 percent of total Group net sales. Elanders’ goal for 2016 is that at the end of the year Commercial Print will make up 40 percent of net sales while Packaging and e-Commerce will share 60 percent. However, this change cannot come about completely organically. Achieving it will probably require some kind of acquisition.
Minutes from the Annual General Meeting will be available on the company website as soon as they have been verified.
Elanders AB (publ)
The Board of Directors